Healing is often easier said than done…..with that said I’ll admit, it hasn’t always been easy for me. I’ve had several times and situations in life where people have put me down and practically made me feel like nothing, but I allowed them to. Much of that time was when I had low self-esteem and didn’t value myself as much as I do now. I realize that it took a long time to finally overcome the feelings of insecurity, obscurity and sadness. I would cry when I felt that people would put me down or did not understand my purpose. I even had times where I didn’t feel I had people who even cared about how I felt.
One day I decided to be my own captain and stop waiting for other people to validate and love me. I knew that if I didn’t value myself it would be very hard to have someone else do it. No one knew me better than I did so I had some soul searching to do. For me, all the accomplishments that have come along have due to the sense of pride I began to feel about myself. I became serious about my happiness and stopped worrying so much about what other people thought of me. Even now, I still have insecurities and things that hurt, but I have learned to work through them, pray about them, understand where they come from and correct them before they fester and grow even more.
Are you in this place? Have you been here? Or what advice can you offer to those who are?
- schnoozlebop likes this
- heavenzsbezst likes this
- africanqueen25 likes this
- musicalsouls reblogged this from beautifulbrwnbabydol
- musicalsouls likes this
- umjaleelah reblogged this from beautifulbrwnbabydol
- umjaleelah likes this
- gethealthyandthinin90 likes this
- felecia-su888 likes this
- salettad likes this
- diamondsndshimmer reblogged this from beautifulbrwnbabydol and added:
- diamondsndshimmer likes this
- coconutandwhitemocha likes this
- thisisshebasblog likes this
- stephlives reblogged this from beautifulbrwnbabydol
- mrshmyluvs likes this
- osagedr likes this
- darling23nikki likes this
- svance3031 likes this
- niterider5000 likes this
- beautifulbrwnbabydol posted this